Sunday, June 8, 2008

Is Saint John growing more youthful?

While I may be reading too much into this, the opening of a go-kart track in Saint John (Xtreme Karting) gives me a sense that city businesses are starting to cater to a contingent of young adults and youth.

I realize that stylish cocktail bars can be taken to represent the same, but I really see the opening of this indoor go-kart track as another indicator that the business community sees a demand for youthful recreational opportunities.

Sure martini slinging bar keeps might interest the less-than-old all the way up to swinging seniors and go-karts might attract the young-at-heart but at heart only crowd, but I still take this as a positive step in entertaining younger Saint John residents and visitors.

No comments:

Custom Search



About Me

My photo
This is the account used for updating the Urban Plans for Saint John Blog.