Well said."Housing is a very important social issue. Done well, it enhances community
and builds a city. Done poorly, it becomes an impediment to people and
communities realizing their full potential. From the economics papers I've
glanced through, there seems to be a general idea that mixed housing has shown
better results. That said, more than just the physical structure and
income-class of people matters ... much more! This to me, is where the promise
for success lies; I've talked to friends, I've read through posts, I've
heard/read the interviews, and in all cases, what I see is a community that is
bonding together in a new and very positive way. Mixed income housing combined
with a strong and inclusive community has shown significant success in the past.
It seems that you are proceeding down this very path. Keep up the struggle and
make a whole bunch of new friends on the way."
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Economist weighs in on Tannery Court
UNB Saint John economist and recent NDP candidate Rob Moir posted this on Tannery Court opposition Facebook group:
No comments:
Post a Comment